On mountain mornings the wood smokes curls round and round

Friday, January 25, 2008

Carpe Diem!

Today is Friday. Before I retired this used to have a significant amount of meaning for me. Now each day I have to stop and think, "What day is it?" Part of the fault of this lies in the fact that I was a teacher and I used to write the day and date on the chalk board (later, whiteboard) everyday so then I knew what day it was. I found myself in the summers also wondering.

In astrology Friday is connected with the planet Venus. This associates Friday with love, peace, and relaxation, as well as with emotional intensity and quashed dreams. It is also connected with the Astrological sign Libra. I'm a Libra so Friday must be my day. Who knew?

But whatever the day I say, "Carpe Diem", seize the day. I had meant to write this as soon as I got up this morning after my exercises and my pill taking (I take an ungodly amount of pills but that subject is better left for another day). But, alas I turned on my computer and had to read my mail and ofcourse check things out at http://www.jessicasprague.com/ where I am taking my second digi scrapbook class. Well, one thing lead to another and I was lost in cyberspace.

I mentioned my exercises. Do we all have a new fitness goal? This seems to be a universal thrust in January. Just look at all the TV commercials right now about dieting and exercise. Well, this is the last Friday in January how are you doing? If you have already started to backslide I have just the exercise for you. I recently learned that banging your head against the wall burns 150 caleries. But, maybe all this exercise is pointless. I also recently discovered that the average person will eat 35,000 cookies in their lifetime. I think maybe I'm also eating someone elses share too.

So, CARPE DIEM! if you can stay on track.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hilarious!!! You make me laugh. :)