On mountain mornings the wood smokes curls round and round

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

54 inches

We have had 54 inches of snow and are still digging out. It snowed for 5 days. During the snow storm it warmed up just enough to rain 1 inch. What a mess. The schools were closed all last week and now are on delayed schedules because the buses can't run well in the outlying areas and the sidewalks are still covered so there is nowhere for the kids to walk except in the street.

But, when the sun came out it sure was gorgeous. My hubby had to begrudgingly admit it too. He spent all his time shoveling, including 6 hours on the roof (4 1/2 feet of snow can be very heavy), while I stayed inside and scrapbooked. Here are two pages I made yesterday for my BIG SNOW album.We are finally almost all dug out and going about our daily routines. We just have to allow more time to get around.

I will leave you with this thought:

Baby robins eat 14 feet of earthworms each day. Umm guess I'm thinking SPRING.

Have a good one!

No comments: