On mountain mornings the wood smokes curls round and round

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Lions, Tigers and House Cats OH MY!

This blog is dedicated to my Digi friend Veevs the Peruvian (htp://veevstheperuvian.blogspot.com), friend of cats.

Gary Smith said,"Everthing I know I learned from my cat. When you're hungry, eat. When you're tired, nap in a sunbeam. When you go to the vet's, pee on your owner." But, really nobody ever owned a cat. My house and I are here solely for the convenience of my cat. Her name is Pepper and she is 18 years old. Trust me, she knows exactly what time I want to get up and starts loudly meowing 30 minutes prior.

I used to have a dog and I learned this about cats from that experience. Dogs come when they are called. Cats take a message and get back to you. Dogs believe they are human. Cats believe they are God. Cats are smarter than dogs too. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through the snow. It's possible to herd dogs but have you ever tried to herd cats. YIKES!

I like to watch my cat around people. The ones she doesn't care for she totally ignores. There are times I try to emulate that behavior. She has also been known to hiss at and scratch people whom she especially hates. Now I think there is something to be said for that.

Cats are truly beautiful creatures. The ancient Egyptians used to revere them as gods and trust me cats have never gotten over this.

Gotta go my cat wants to sit in my lap but not here ofcourse; over there in her favorite chair in the sunshine. How do I know this? She told me. Cats can produce over 100 vocal sounds to tell you exactly how they really feel.

To quote Dan Greenberg, " There is, incidentally, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a same person."

Oh by the way I learned this from personal experience. Never hold a dust-buster and a cat at the same time.

Have a good one!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhhh Ann, this is fabulous!! Im grinning away reading your blog which is all true, soooo true!! Your LO and your cat are just so beautiful! And 18 years old - wow!! Thank so much for your post! Mine rule my flat too and wake me up around 6ish every morning for food!! Check one of the first posts in my blog (way back!!). There is a really funny video clip on it!! ((((hugs))))

Dawn said...

Ann....i am just luvin your blog....makes me smile!!!!
dewnie

Heather said...

Ann, your cat's taught you a thing or two about life, eh? :) You always have the wittiest and funniest posts. I always leave your blog with a chuckle.

When I come visit, I'd like to see what your cat thinks of me...! I'm kinda nervous.

Heather said...

Tag, my dear!!!! My blog has the sordid details, muahahahahahaha!

Angela2932 said...

Ann, does your beautiful cat have an opinion of digiscrapping? "There are times I try to emulate that behavior. She has also been known to hiss at and scratch people whom she especially hates." Somehow, I just cannot picture you hissing and scratching people! But if you do, will you please create a digiscrapped page of it?????